Freelance WordPress developer required
If you love web development, web design, technology, problem-solving, working with smart, talented and passionate individuals, and are ready to be a part of a successful, growing company, this role is for you.
We are looking for a talented WordPress developer to fill an important role within our company, it is crucial that applicants have the vision and drive to inspire, lead, educate and be results oriented. If this sounds like you, then read on...
Your most important asset will be a no excuses attitude towards getting projects completed effectively and efficiently, along with an infinite passion for personal growth and learning more about our business and the industry we’re in. Your ability to effectively take ownership of your position and proactively add value will make you an ideal candidate. If you are ready for a challenge and want to be part of a dynamic team with enormous opportunities in front of them, then please apply below.
This role involves back-end WordPress development and front-end customisation. Candidate will be focused on the coding, development, and creation of the custom web apps using Custom Post Types, Taxonomies, and Post Meta, which includes writing custom PHP code and working with various APIs. Front-end development will include project visualisation, theme customisation and user experience testing.
- 3+ years of experience with WordPress/PHP/HMTL/CSS
- Custom post types, taxonomies, and post meta fields/boxes (Essential)
- Experience in developing functionaility without using plugins (Essential)
- Experience in custom plugin development is a bonus
- Experience with responsive web designs and techniques
- Must provide examples or portfolio of work
What skills MUST you have for this position:[list icon="check"]
- WordPress (Multisite, Theming, Plugins, Post Types, Meta, Shortcodes)
- CSS3 (SASS experience a bonus)
- LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- Responsive/Adaptive Web Design
- Progressive Enhancement
- Cross browser compatibility
- Design tools: Adobe Suite (Either: Fireworks/Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Experience working with MS Office Suite required (intermediate level)
- Work co-operatively with teammates
- Willingness to share knowledge and help to grow other team members
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Excellent time management, and strong follow-through skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented, and self-directed entrepreneurial environment
Rate of pay will be subject to negotiation based on experience.
You must live a reasonable commuting distance from Witham, Essex as we require the candidate to attend the office - DO NOT APPLY if you can only work remotely.
PHP, Website Developement, CSS, WordPress, Website Design: 3 years